Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008-2009 Transition

Holy shit, it is the new year: Two Thousand Nine
I'm not usually one to do this, but here are some resolutions
1) Get In Shape.  Seriously. (I have this feeling that I could be a super fox if only I were in shape)
2) Prioritize.  My sanity at the top, school work, the rest of me, and then everything else after that
3) Stop caring about shit that does not fucking matter.  Hopefully since I am now officially a second semester senior who knows where she is going to college, this will not be too hard.
4) Organize my shit.  Room, school, brain (if that last one is possible)
5) Continue on accepting the fact that I really suck and that I am also a pretty cool person.
6) Get Laid (I'm being honest wether you like it or not) and not someone who sucks.  Someone who is legitimately cool (or at least not a total asshole), who is potential boyfriend material, and who is a man who knows what he wants and not some pussy ass bullshit boy who can't hardly tie his own shoes let alone deal with girls and does not have a crush and/or start dating one of my friends.
7) Start really speaking my mind and saying and doing what is best for me.  I am the only person I've got and I'd better start getting better and standing up for me because maybe if I'm better standing up for me will be easier cause I'll like me a lot more and feel more intrinsic motivation to do so.
8) Only take school as seriously as I need to.  And make sure I don't slack off on what I need to do.
9) Write the senior play and make it so funny that people will risk peeing their pants with laughter.  I'm exaggerating (slightly), really just write it all and make it funny.
10) Be healthier.  In every way shape and form.
11) Kill my sweet tooth if it's the last thing I do.  And you know what?  It probably will be.
12) Earn some money, and start figuring out where/how to buy cute clothes for cheap, as well as save up for Europe.
13) Stop caring about other people, as well as stop caring about how weird I must appear to others.  I'm a freak.  I've always been a weirdo.  It's not different now, and I might as well own it because I do have some seriously excellent friends and the more I think about it we're all freaks and what I'm saying has been said a thousand times before but who really cares how many times it's been said because it still holds true, right?
14) Write every single day.  Something.  Anything.
15) Well, this last one, I can't actually put up here.  The people who know me well know what it is, and probably people who don't know me well know too (small art school=more gossip than you will ever know).  But let me say: I have a goal and by all means I will accomplish it.  I Will Win.

Looking back on all of 2008 and in all honesty, it fucking sucked except that Obama won the election.  Oh, and the cast of SNL has been really good this year.  2008 encased the end of my junior year,  My entire amazing summer, and the beginning of my senior year.  But now it's not the beginning.  It's the beginning of the end of my senior year.  Semester one is practically over, and it's a common fact that second semester of every school year flies by faster than you realize.  Anyway, I say good fucking riddance, 2008 and and hello, sweet and hopeful 2009.

This is now the year that I graduate from a school that I've been in for seven years.
This is now the year that I will go on a European vacation and go nuts.
This is now the year that I will attend my dream school in the fall because, yes, I did get accepted, and yes, my dream school is a public school and yes, I do feel like I have to fight for the legitimacy of my school.

This is now the year that I will leave the place that holds way too many memories and people that I am all too familiar with and still know nothing about.  This still gives me the willies and I'm not sure why because I have never been so excited to leave high school.


Two thousand eight, 
I don't mean to berate
You, but I anticipate
That the truth is innate
And that you won't escape
This hideous fate
Time won't procreate
But will remain in a state
That is bound to create
Moving tectonic plates
Providing almost clean slates
But trust me and wait
Try not to debate
But just have some faith
That nature holds weight
And things still can be great


Two thousand nine,
You seem so divine
But I fear a decline
In thoughts that combine,
In stars that will shine,
In earth concious designs
For you see, my heart pines
For a chance to define
What could really be mine
Fear crawls up my spine
And I fear it's a sign
That things are not fine
That my hope should resign
And I try not to whine
But I will refine
To go along with the times

No comments: