Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oh, the strange pasts we all have


After reading Dear Diary by Lesley Arfin (which I highly reccomend, if you enjoy cautionary tales, or have ever kept a diary of any kind.  Really, it's an excellent book, please read it) I was inspired to go back and find my own journal and re-read it.  Well I did, and some of it was hilarious, but it mostly reminded me of times that I wish did not exist.  Maybe I will find it funnier when I'm older.  Either way, it was very interesting to see how I've changed since 2006, and now I am very inspired to start writing in my journal again.

Also, my Writing Through Literature class (the reason why I have the blog and started writing poetry) now has a blog so you can read all of the other things the people in the class write.  Our class is very tal
ented, some people are incredible and if you have time, check it out: http://writingthroughlit0809.blogspot.com

I just posted a poem on there, an Elegy that I feel very attached to (for all you DSA-ers, it is about the 3rd floor of the Carr building) and I will not post it here because there is no point in posting the same thing twice.
This is the only picture I could find.  Since my Long Term Project is all poems from DSA, I will put a corresponding picture with them, once I get good pictures.  I will add one of the subject of my Ode To S.K.S. and add it up there.

Exams are moving quickly and I am about to be a second semester senior.  Scary, but I am more ready to be done with school than ever.

2 comments:

Mary said...

If you ever want help with getting photos, let me know. I can take you out during 7th pd with a camera and film (from thompsy of course) and you can shoot, then I'll develope the film, and you can choose which ones you want me to print.

Kylie said...

I wanted to read that book, thanks for the heads up!
<3<3<3