Tuesday, September 29, 2009

say my name

I feel I must suggest;
spell my name with an 'x'
it amps up the appeal of my sex-
new and different, demands respect
demands, commands,
so pushy, and damn
walk with con-fi-dance,
and I ain't got a man.
no, I don't I need one
so I can have fun
'cause with all the drama,
you know I am done
and when it's with men,
that's all that you get, hun
don't be fooled by my tools-
words I press together
in ways you ain't heard
Absurd? I concur
And yet I protest
Because I put in my best
It's this poetry thing
that gets stuff off my chest
Write it out, I say "yes!"
sigh with relief
to get out my piece
so I can kick back, release
so if I die tomorrow
I can rest in peace
knowing words that I'd leave
would give life after me-
not arrogance, memory,
(tying in ideas, you see)
so my diction has friction,
so I don't ask for permission
to share my verbose vision
to get out of the prison
and get close to my God,
I'd like to believe,
but it's hard
he's got no business card
so I grip to the shards
of truth in the stars
on mercury and mars
but down here, it's fast cars
how to get into the bars
and roll my tongue on the r's.
I can change up the scheme,
shock you with the next
open up to my dreams
or fufill a request
work on a theme,
an ending you don't expect.
I won't keep it clean,
so please spell it with an 'x'.

3 comments:

ADAM said...

Yeah, I feel you girl. India would definitely be something else.
Slumdog was incredible. I saw it at the Carolina with my parents and kept meaning to go see it again. I'll just have to get it when it comes out on DVD.

That is a beautiful piece of work. I really wish I had inspiration to write poetry. Great job!

The word verification is "fershero"
...make me crack a small smile.

Patrick said...

Very nice poem, I am impressed. And I loved loved Chicago, especially navy pier, and I'm glad you liked my pics!

Anonymous said...

very nice, my favorite line is, "so my diction has friction,
so I don't ask for permission
to share my verbose vision". verbose vision, thats sick. nice rhyme skills.