Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Freewrite 12.10.08, Cradle Of Desire

I was nervous
Standing on such a high cliff
With jagged rocks of rejection
And the sharp, broken pieces of shame
Covering the bottom, 
A valley called failure

Before I could decide to walk away
The top crumbled,
And I came spiraling down
Caught mid-air into
A cradle of desire
That looked
And smelled
And felt
Like you

I found myself
Rolling with excitement
And cuddling with flirtation

Then, in an instant
I pictured you
Lifting off and flying away
And the cradle, melting out of thin air
And my fragile body tumbling
Over the rocks and broken pieces
My bones shattered and my blood spilling

The cradle rocked
Between Ecstasy and Panic
And I couldn't tell
If the cushions were soft and light
Or frozen, and I was just blissfully numb

I knew there weren't
Safety bags or seat belts
No insurance or garuntees
And I didn't even mean to fall
But the cradle took me in and
Now I'm it's helpless babe
Just lying with my destiny
Entrusted in its
Flaky, Inconsistent crib
Every moment teetering
On crashing down alone
Or flying up with you

No comments: