Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Freewrite 12.09.08 and I'll warn you this was an angry day

I look at you and I look at him
I look at you two together and
I feel my teeth clentching
My fists balled up
Fueled by anger
Turning snow white
But feeling nothing so peaceful

Violence churns in my stomach
Mixed with the frustration of
What's in front of me
And I want to throw it up
Over both pairs of
Your beautiful, perfect feet

Demon eyes replace my own
And agression makes its way
Into my shoulders now
Teeming with tension
Exacerbated by my
History's repetition

Little moon shaped marks
Decorate the bottoms of my hands
Thanks to the mix of long nails
And my dry paws trying to
Crush themselves into oblivion

Every swallow pushes back hundreds of words
Every breath attempts at coercing calm back into me
(Good luck with that)
Every urge to lash out on the nearest whatever is
Diminished by shudders and a steady brain
That will not the body get out of control

When either of you face me, walk with me, talk to me
The girl you like to know
The one who is goofy and FRIENDly
And not a single scrap more
Will wash over in disguise that
You will not recognize and
The second you leave
I'll be a monster again

It's no wonder that you're together
And I'm happy for you both
Honest

2 comments:

Anna Wallace said...

oh darling...

Graham said...

I like this.

It's epic. But not too "in your face".