Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ode to a Potential SB

Hey You-

James Franco look-a-like,

Who knows what a jackalope is

And complimented me on mine;

With beautiful tan skin,

And brown eyes.

A manly jaw

And a nice body,

Taller than me;

Only smoke ciggs occasionally,

Who was maybe checking me out?

Who agrees that you don’t know

Someone if you don’t know

Their last name.

Who drove out to meet me

In a burgundy pick up truck,

Explained and pointed the way,

Even offered to show me the drive there;

And then stayed on the phone

Until I got where I needed

When I messed up the directions again.

Who understands what I mean

When I describe a smell as “dirt and chocolate.”

Who has a killer southern accent,

And has never attended Durham School of the Arts-

Wanna be my SB?

2 comments:

leah said...

this makes me.....................want to cry because of how awesome it is. not only is the writing kickass, as all of yours is, my dear, but HOLY SHIT yes.
yes.
yes.
yes.

okay?

i love you

Anna Wallace said...

holy shit!!!!!! yes yes yes to coffee with mr ward!!!! eeeek!