Saturday, May 30, 2009

Historical Fiction Poem

I believe in a thing called "history,"
Rather magical-repeating.
Multiple mistakes made, how fun
The problem source must be someone.

I love to think that in their glee
Reality comes crashing, thanks to me.
Though I lose, I manage victor
Because my words make them sicker.

Right words, silent gestures, tilted eyes,
The beauty is I need not cry;
For I am rubber, steel and glue
Tougher, stronger, stranger than you.

I am not a simple shelf product:
Rare, lucky if you've caught it.
Might I be too strange for common tastes?
I am led to believe such is this case.

So while I wait patiently,
Despite the actions done to me,
(Inconsiderate they may be)
I scream, tear the ceiling violently.

You sit back: sad, guilty
Is that what I want out of thee?


Apparently...no

2 comments:

jules said...

super! I love this allot. I looked them up from that weird fb convo we had. I'm exited to read them.

Mary said...

"Right words, silent gestures, tilted eyes,
The beauty is I need not cry;
For I am rubber, steel and glue
Tougher, stronger, stranger than you."
THIS IS AMAZING.