Monday, February 23, 2009

MC Chris Owns! I Wanna go to an MC Chris Show! But he doesn't tour, so in the meantime I'm gonna memorize all of his rhymes!


As a long time fan of hip hop, my saturday night was a big fucking deal, because I went to my first Rap Concert EVER (I mean, unless you count Shwayze, but I'm really not counting it).  I saw the one and only MC CHRIS at the Cat's cradle


Some post show pictures of me
Looking sassy for the concert



(To preface this, I know the signature is backwards, but just work with me here) So I went up to him after the show to get my shirt signed, and when I pointed to my back he said "Sure, as long as it's not too wet" and of course, it wasn't, and he patted my back and was like "Nah, it's good" and as he was signing it he said "I'm gonna draw a heart, because I love you" and my heart fluttered and then right after he was like "Give me a hug" and I FUCKING HUGGED MC CHRIS AAAAAAAAAAH!  Talk about THE FUCKING COOLEST SHIT OF MY LIFE!!!!!!


Ooh, more sass
My Earrings I wore for the show, a shitty picture, because it's backwards

The man himself
Another picture of my husband/idol

The earrings I wore.  I chose the ones that said "Juicy" because not only is that the title of one of my favorite Biggie songs, but they are also bad ass, and Juicy is a great word.  Thank you, Beauty World (greatest store ever, P.S.)
The chain I wore to the show (also from Beauty World)  MC Chris said he liked it.  Eee!
A legit picture of my earrings
Anna being cute before the show
Strawberries!  Yummm
A pre show picture
She's so fierce
Rocking out!
How can you not love a face like that?  AAAAUGH, I had no idea I had such a crush on him until I saw him live....why didn't I get him to sign the front of my shirt.....

Basically, we went all the way around to the left side of the stage, and then I shoved my way up and I was in the front the whole time.  I could have reached out, and touched him.  I nearly did, but it's cool, cause we hugged after the show.  He forgot the lyrics for some songs, and just started them over, like a champ.  Also, he got everyone to different dances for songs, and had us sing, and he did stand up inbetween some of his songs.

  I didn't bring my camera to the concert, I find those things are best left at home.  However, the wonderful Anna at vintageveggie took lots of fantastic pictures.  Check them out.  Really, just check out her blog in general, it's awesome.

SET LIST @ MC CHRIS
MC Chris Owns
Blizzard
Geek
White Kids Love Hip Hop
The Tussin
Tractor Beam
Wiid
Robot Dog
Cookie Breath
Nrrd Grrl
Pizza Butt
Hoodie Ninja
MC Chris Is Dead
On*
Fett's Vette
IG88
They went roughly in that order.  I might have forgotten a couple songs, but I think that's all of them.  If you haven't heard one of them, or you don't know who MC Chris is, look this shit up.  Nerdcore hip hop is so excellent, and MC Chris is really the greatest.  Some of my favorites that he didn't do? Balastic, Evergreen, Hijack, Fucking Up My Christmas, & I Want Candy.

MC Chris kind of represents my dream career.  He raps, and does stand up, and is a fucking bad ass.  I want to be him, I want to love on him, I want him to be my best friend and my boyfriend and my mentor and my everything.  He's just that good.  I want to do what he does for a living.  He is as real as it gets.  And this is only making me realize that I am a fangirl to the max.


All in all, the show was AMAZING and I couldn't be more glad about going, unless I had gotten him sign the front of my shirt, and then made out with him.  Cause that would have been even more the shit.

"MC Chris owns!  I Wanna go to an MC Chris Show!  But he doesn't tour so in the meantime, I'm gonna memorize all of his rhymes!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL Xandra I love you. your fangirl tirade was awesome and I honestly wish i could have seen the show. the juicy earrings are cool too.

Anna Wallace said...

you are too awesome!

jules said...

xan- i love you, this post is the best ever. you are fabby, and wonderful. oh and p.s my word verification for this post is plamp, and it sounds enthusiastic, i thought you might appreciate it.

Anna Wallace said...

ps.... i tagged you in "6 random things" so you betta get on that girlie!