Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I go for mine, I got to shine


I am off to Chicago, Illinois for the first time in my life in just a few hours.  There will be three generations of Kennedy's and Bent's and it will be very very cool.  I am quite excited and will post lots of pictures.  In addition to seeing relatives that I don't know all too well, Natalie has lots of friends in Chi Town that I will meet.  If I'm lucky some of those friends will be hot dudes that I meet under sexually charged and alcohol-available circumstances.  Wish me luck!
 
The Palmer House, a famous hotel that got bought by Hilton.  It's still historical and we can afford to stay there because my dad gets hotel points with his job



NIKE TOWN.  My mom said my sister and I could both get a pair.  I AM FUCKING PUMPED.  I have never owned a pair of fly high tops.  
A Bird's Eye view of Chicago.  I hope the weather is as sunny as this when I go!
Evanston Township High School.  The school my grandparents went to, and the same one featured in Mean Girls.  My dad's side of the family is from up and around there, I am excited to see it.
A Bird's Eye View of Evanston
The inside of the Palmer House.  I hope I don't look a fool in that fancy hotel.


On a completely random note, Snoop Dogg is coming to the Lincon Theater just two days before MC Chris comes back to the Cat's Cradle.  Even better, the Snoop concert is the day after my final AP Exam.  Still better, my mom said I could go, and MC Chris is on a friday, so there's no trouble there.  The best part?  I am this close to convincing my awesome psych teacher to join me.  If he comes along, it will be the shit.

Oh and did I mention that Ben Folds and Girl Talk are playing FOR $FREE.99 at Duke?! Sooooo there.

Oh, and the last nine weeks have officially started.  I'm getting close to the end of the school year!  I honestly couldn't be happier.

Oh we has a slam poetry contest in my writing though lit class.  My group piece won first place (Sarah the Goddess of Writing, Neff, Madigan and myself) and my individual piece won third place.  Fun stuff.


That is all for now.  I've had a bit of writer's block lately, I need to push through and work on that story, as well as other things.  I will hopefully gain some inspiration from traveling; exciting things happening usually stimulate my imagination.  Concert going will help too.  Either way, it's excuses, and I need to quit makin' em.  I promise I will post some creative writing soon.  Bonus points if there are pictures.

2 comments:

jules said...

girl when is girl talk playing and ben folds at duke? for free, tell me dates please. xoxo have tons of fun in chicago!

Anna Wallace said...

ooooh have fun deary!